June italki Language Challenge Update: Brazilian Portuguese


Olá! Tudo bem?

This month I am participating in the June italki Language Challenge. Maybe you saw my first post with my public pledge video, where I said what I aim to accomplish and used a bit of português brasileiro. What did you think?

Well it is time for an update, because week three has just begun. With my birthday in week one, and being in a wedding in week two, life has been packed to the gills with action and excitement.


I originally set the goal of taking three classes per week so that I could easily expect to meet the challenge of completing twelve total hours in June. Then, my family gave me the dates for our annual trip to Lake Tahoe, June 22nd - 29th!

Luckily this happened in week one.

I made the decision to up the ante to finish the challenge a week early so that I don't have to finish the challenge while on vacation, just to take away the need to be in front of a computer while I want to be on the lake, on a hike, or rock climbing with my wild man father.

In week one, I completed three sessions. In week two, I completed four more sessions. Now we are in week three, and I have completed one more lesson. Also, I have four more scheduled before the family fills up the cars on the 22nd.

That means I have completed eight, and I have sessions nine through twelve scheduled already! I am on track to complete the challenge on June 21st, over one week early.

That's all for now. If you have more interest in what italki is all about, check out my previous post or head to the italki website for details.

Muito obrigado por ter vindo. Até mais!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts below